PR, or public relations to you and me, is the art of generating great publicity for your brand or business via local, trade and national media coverage.
Why build a media profile?
A strong media profile is important for a number of reasons. As well as giving you something to show your mum, and make her proud, being regularly featured in the media:
- Raises awareness of your brand or business. Being quoted in a trade magazine, newspaper or on TV puts you in front of thousands, and often millions of people who may not have heard of you before
- Boosts the credibility of your brand or company. Believe it or not, people are more likely to trust companies and people who are quoted in the media. If they’re in The Times, or on the BBC, surely they must know what they’re on about, right?
- Grows your web presence. When people search for your organisation or company on Google, what a great first impression you’ll make when they see a list of countless articles across the media that feature your views
- Improves your position on Google. Over time, most of our clients get backlinks from their media coverage, which are invaluable for their search engine ranking. A backlink from a national newspaper website is SEO gold
- Creates invaluable content. Every media statement you issue, and piece of media coverage that you secure, can be put on your website, or used in other marketing channels e.g. eshots, newsletters and blogs, in order to further market your expertise and authority to your customers and clients